Beginnings are always filled with excitement !! To most people across the globe, a new year is a mark of a fresh start and a hopeful future. The end of a year is a time for assessment of all our work through the year. This assessment leads many to make resolutions for the New Year with the hope of better performance in the New Year. While making a New Year resolution, it is best to make sure that it is a realistic and achievable one, failing which one might get dejected. Especially when it comes to Real estate, it is advisable for brokers/agents to make resolutions bearing in mind the existing economic and market scenario. Here are a few resolutions that a real estate broker/agent should make.
1. Resolve to refine your marketing skills: In a real estate firm, the buyer is the customer, the broker/agent a marketer and the property is the product. A major pre-requisite of a successful real estate agent is good marketing skill. Therefore, in this New Year, resolve to polish your marketing skills to be a successful broker/agent.
2. Resolve to create a website: A good website has the potential to scale your business up to the next level. If you haven’t had a website for your real estate agency, then let it be the first thing-to-do on your list for this year.
3. Resolve to invest wisely to reap benefits greatly: Be wise to invest a little in circumstances where you can reap huge benefits out of it ! Sometime, little investments that are made wisely could help you gain far more than what you expected out of a property.
4. Resolve to establish a strong network: In the core of any business deal lie people – Important people ! It is therefore important to build a strong network. Establishing an excellent network can set you apart from the other realtors in the market ! I suggest you to sign up on www.BrokersADDA.com , which is an excellent free platform for brokers/agents/investors to network and do real estate business !!!
5. Resolve to build trust : Behind the hesitation of any client to reach out to a real estate agent lies lack of trust ! It is as important, if not more, to build trust while you establish a great network of potential buyers and sellers. After all, the success of any business depends mainly upon the trust that the client has on the broker/agent.
6. Resolve to be a strategic advisor: Being a trustworthy actually means that you become an advisor to your client. When you turn out to be a great planner for your client, more and more people would want to engage with you in real estate transactions.
7. Resolve to spend time with your family: While it is important for one to be focused on his/her career, it is equally important to take care of one’s family. It is essential to strike a good balance between the professional life and family life so that your family is not affected by your career. Besides, skipping the family time might lead one to several lifestyle disorders.